[sugar] Give a Laptop, Change the World : G1G1 2008

Kevin Cole dc.loco
Wed Oct 8 13:32:42 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 11:52, Eben Eliason <eben.eliason at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I prefer "the Sugar learning platform"
>
> +1 from me as well.  (I'm torn on "platform" vs. "environment"; the
> latter actually sounds a little friendlier, to me.)

Because I often miss some (or all) of a discussion I wasn't going to
weigh in.  However, I am also inclined towards "environment" being a
more generally understood and inviting word.  "Platform" means
something to techies -- often a combination of architecture and OS,
and I suppose desktop manager, on which applications run.  (It means
something else entirely to political wonks.)  "Environment,"
especially for something that is "an education project, not a laptop
project" seems a better fit wherever possible.