[sugar] alt-tabbing to the Journal

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Tue Oct 7 23:35:10 EDT 2008

>> 2) the Journal always appearing below the XO icon
> If only. But only at first boot. The icon below the XO icon is always
> whatever activity currently selected in the Activity View.

Except for a bug (which I've ticketed) - the icon of an Activity
which failed to launch still persists below the XO icon.

There is a vocal group which wants the Activity view, and the icon
below the XO, to always refer to an "Activity".  Journal should show
up below the XO only when there is no Activity capable of being
selected.

> I'd love the same passion developed to some of the issues/topics that
> impact the learning.

Many in the software world do not have first-hand experience of the
what/how of "impact the learning".  For passion on that topic,
please go talk to teachers.

Unfortunately, some of the USA teachers I've talked to, coming from
decades of experience with the teaching environment in which they
work, feel that a tool like Sugar would  not  advance the criteria
now being used to measure teacher and pupil performance.

mikus