[sugar] alt-tabbing to the Journal

Martin Dengler martin
Tue Oct 7 10:34:58 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 08:55:09AM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> 1. When?  Nobody's cited examples where it's more desirable to use
> Alt-Tab than the dedicated key.
>
> I use Sugar as much on a non-XO as I do on an XO and so I often don't
> have a dedicated key to access the Journal.

I take your point; I wonder if it's sufficiently vitiated by the
(under-published) Alt-Shift-o ("oh", not zero) shortcut - created to
help out emulator / non XO users.  My intent (and I suspect the
original author's) was that all XO-specific keys's behavior would have
keyboard shortcuts so they would be usable from a non-XO Sugar.

> the wonderful world of Emacs

Amen.

> But my rule of thumb is that the Journal should be easier to access,
> not harder.

Yes, but how far do you want to go.  I guess I think of the Journal as
part of Sugar and not an activity, and get annoyed when it gets in my
way when looking for activities.

> -walter

Martin