No subject

Sun Nov 16 07:35:38 EST 2008

upstream software - like the Telepathy components for example.
Telepathy has its own bug tracker, although Telepathy bugs have been
also filed on dev.laptop.org. New releases of telepathy-gabble and
telepathy-salut may contain fixes or improvements relevant to OLPC
and/or Sugar - they almost certainly will contain changes unrelated to
OLPC. Someone makes a judgement along the way about whether a
particular release of these is the best version to be shipped by OLPC.

When QA isn't done systematically, things do fall through the cracks:
Fedora 10 shipped with a version of telepathy-gabble which had a
regression in Tubes, the functionality for Sugar collaboration -
although it was not noticed when tested with Empathy, the
telepathy-based GNOME desktop Instant Messaging client.

> There are ~ 500 just under the Sugar component and there are several
> other relevant components, not to mention activities and bugs with a
> different component which also affect Sugar.
>
> I want the ability to track release blockers quickly (and hopefully some
> gradation of polish or important but not hard blockers). Let me know
> what the right way to do that is in your trac. It would really help if
> we can synch up with the tagging/Trac conventions in dev.laptop.org so
> we have one standard.

We do not need all of the OLPC trac conventions in the
dev.sugarlabs.org instance - many of the "Next Action" states are very
specific to OLPC's style of project management.

We should however find a way to agree on priorities, so that if
something is an OLPC blocker it gets appropriate priority in the Sugar
Labs bug tracker.

> We can chat about that on the next 9.1.0 meeting Wed.

You want to discuss bugs at 8pm (euro time) on Christmas Eve?

> Also, we should pick some quality criteria which helps ensure that this
> release is "more stable" than the last one. I can dig up a definition of
> that I wrote for 8.2, but I'm open to suggestions. Reliability and
> stability are critical concerns for our users.
>
> Can you pick a representative to sit in on XO bug triage meetings? We
> don't have a regular time chosen yet, but I expect we will go to daily
> bug triage at some point in January.
>
> Is there a Sugar 0.83/0.84 bug triage meeting which needs a regular XO
> representative?

http://sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Meetings is the appropriate place to
watch. There is an embedded calendar, but I don't see scheduled
meetings on it yet. The most recent meeting
(http://sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Meetings/Agendas/2008-12-17) was
supposed to discuss a regular time slot but the minutes haven't been
published yet (http://sugarlabs.org/go/BugSquad/Meetings/Minutes) so I
don't know what the outcome was.

Regards
Morgan