[Sugar-devel] [sugar] OLPC + Sugar

Edward Cherlin echerlin
Sun Nov 30 15:51:01 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at bolinux.org> wrote:
> Would anyone care to start a mental map or some such easier to absorb medium
> that would make it clearer for the less illuminated the assorted elements of
> our Natural History?
>
> Ed mentions three legs.
> Then, in a Mandelbrothian nightmare each seems to grow quite a few more, and
> it's often hard to keep track and to know who actually, if any, has any
> decision-making power for any specific purpose, what are the teams, how do
> they connect, where do assorted flavors of community intersect...

I haven't found it to be that difficult.

o Sugar Labs has defined itself fairly clearly.

o The OLPC volunteers are out doing software development,
localization, and other essential tasks with extensive public
discussion. It seems likely that most of the software development will
move over to Sugar Labs, leaving behind OFW, drivers, and such. People
are working on transferring some of the servers.

o OLPC management and staff have never communicated effectively with
the outside world. Not with volunteers, not with partner
organizations, not with the public. I am working on this problem, and
have established a tenuous connection with Nicholas and some of
management, but don't hold your breath.

o It would make sense to have a mind map of partner organizations. In
fact, SJ asked me to do something like this, and I have been thinking
about how. I can do some of it, and will need help from others. I can
get started at Mind42.com, which in our case will function as Mind4N.
We can publish the results in the Wiki from time to time.

> Yama

I invited you as an editor. You can tell us about your Latin American
connections, and get others from OLPC-SUR to contribute.

Anybody else who wants to contribute can sign up on the Mind Map page
I just made on the Sugar Labs Wiki, and e-mail me. Let us know what
you want to contribute. I'll make you an editor on the Mind Map.

--
Silent Thunder (??/???????????????/????????????? ?) is my name
And Children are my nation.