[Sugar-devel] Turtleart broken with Sugar 0.83

Marco Pesenti Gritti marcopg
Sat Nov 29 09:22:54 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> done. TurtleArt-19 is pushed.
>
> (I must have missed the memo about the import registry call breaking
> things. I was testing on 0.82. But I have a fresh install on my laptop
> now, so I think I'll catch these problems sooner going forward. But
> how do I test it on older systems??)

What do you mean with a fresh install? sugar-jhbuild?

I think expecting activity authors to always test their changes on
older versions of the platform would be unrealistic. In most cases it
should be possible to guess if a change is going to cause problems,
like for this one which is just a removal of an unused import. Beyond
that I suspect we will have to rely on downstream QA and on automated
testing.

Marco