[Sugar-devel] Turtleart broken with Sugar 0.83

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sat Nov 29 09:19:23 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 3:15 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<marcopg at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 3:00 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> done. TurtleArt-19 is pushed.
>>>
>>> (I must have missed the memo about the import registry call breaking
>>> things. I was testing on 0.82. But I have a fresh install on my laptop
>>> now, so I think I'll catch these problems sooner going forward. But
>>> how do I test it on older systems??)
>>
>> This is certainly a problem for us activity maintainers. Yesterday I
>> had to downgrade an XO to 656 so I could debug an issue with Labyrinth
>> as used in Uruguay, which by the way turned out to be the upstream
>> code depending on a feature of gtk > 2.10, not sugar-related.
>>
>> How could we as a broad organization help activity authors fix issues
>> that users find? Would that be a task for a bug triage team?
>
> You mean verifying if a fix cause regressions on older systems? I
> think so, yeah.

Not quite, rather doing what it takes to give the developer enough
information to fix the error without having to upgrade and downgrade
his/her systems.

Tomeu