[sugar] journal object transfer for 8.2

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Sat May 31 03:38:05 EDT 2008

Hi Kim and Michael,

have heard occasional requests to implement the sending and sharing of
journal entries.

Eben has specified how object transfer would work in the shell:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Specifications/Object_Transfers

And Benjamin Schwartz has implemented an activity that tries to solve
this issue outside the shell:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Share

So the questions are: is this a feature we should deliver for the 8.2
release? Which amount of support we should add to the shell if any?
Which transport means should we use? Should the shell work depend on
file transfer capabilities to be added to telepathy?

Thanks.

Tomeu