[sugar] [IAEP] Sugar for the rich

Seth Woodworth seth
Tue May 27 20:15:06 EDT 2008

This release of sucrose that requires jhbuild isn't ever the sort of
thing you would need to build or work with on your XO.  The XO's
environment is such that it doesn't require the jhbuild system.  And
if you are on a unix based system, all of the tools that you need to
build our sources, sucrose or sugar are available in your distro's
repos.  If you're able to get online to our source, you can get the
tools you need to play with them.

The releases and source for Sugar builds for the XO are publicly
available at dev.laptop.org and are *pretty* well documented but could
have more information available on the wiki.

Sugarlabs being much newer doesn't quite have it's sources and
projects as readily available.  Please point out what you would like
to get at first and we will do our best to get it out to you!

And as an aside, Nepal's OLPC project is already using the latest
version of Sugar, and have developed new resources inside of etoys.
Nepal isn't suffering from any lack of availability from OLPC.  Brian
Berry OLE Nepal's external face is very much on top of everything at
OLPC.  But I understand your concern.