[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue May 20 03:39:15 EDT 2008

[readding sugar]

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>> Could you do an experiment for me? Can you kill the
>> journal activity and then try launching?
>
> Did 'ps -A', then 'kill ####' (of the Journal task).
> For what it's worth, launching 'Browse' then appears to take 3 or
> thereabouts seconds less than if I had not killed the Journal task.

Thanks, this is consistent with:
http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-May/005915.html

> My problem is that I appear to be UNABLE to re-create any specific
> situation.

When you see an activity taking an unexpectedly long time when
starting up, could you check in top which processes are taking cpu?

Thanks again!

Tomeu