[sugar] Patch to make Browse annoy me less.

Cortland Setlow cortland.setlow
Thu May 15 22:46:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

This patch does three things, and I'll be happy if even one makes it in to
Browse.

   - It causes ctrl-l (lowercase L) to put focus on the address bar like in
   all other browsers that do not make me angry.
   - It causes ctrl-d to do what ctrl-l used to do, namely do a
   screenshot-bookmark.  This is the standard bookmark key.   Pressing ctrl-d
   more times will show/hide the bookmark toolbar, so if you accidentally show
   it you can get rid of the large and obnoxious thing.  Ctrl-b will also
   show/hide it, cause why not?
   - It causes ctrl-i to show the URI of the page instead of the title,
   temporarily.  Good for checking that one isn't being fished.

Oh, I wrote the patch on-XO, but couldn't figure out how to get it into
gmail.  This was a further annoyance I hope to one day address.

The lonely bit at the top about _tray.show() _tray.hide() was my best guess
at getting the tray into a sane state; its properties show it as visible
when empty, but it is not in fact visible.  I'm not sure this is the best
way to handle it.

I welcome questions and comments.
Best regards,
Cortland Setlow