[sugar] Microsoft

Jim Gettys jg
Fri May 16 14:24:42 EDT 2008

We could still boot Linux on a conventional BIOS, like on every other
machine in the world.

But then we give up fast suspend/resume, and distribution channel
security.

It seems to me that having Linux able to work better than Windows in
fundamental ways is wise ;-).
                   - Jim

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 12:08 +0200, Morgan Collett wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 11:28 AM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It would have been a lot simpler to have left OFW as it was, unable to
> > support a Windows boot. But the point is now moot.
>
> No, actually that would have forced the Windows scenario to require a
> BIOS to be flashed in place of OFW. Then we lose the simple dual boot
> capability.
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child