[sugar] Help building and running sugar

Gustavo Olaza gustavoo
Thu May 15 13:57:58 EDT 2008

2008/5/13, James Simmons <jim.simmons at walgreens.com>:
> Gustavo,
>
>  The first few lines look like normal messages.  The real problem, I think,
> is pointed to by this last traceback:
>
>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/home/gob/sugar-jhbuild/install/bin/sugar-shell",
> line 30, in <module>
>    from main import main
>   File
> "/home/gob/sugar-jhbuild/install/share/sugar/shell/main.py",
>  line 23, in <module>
>    import numpy
>  ImportError: No module named numpy
>
>  "numpy" is the Numeric Python module.  You may be able to install this with
> apt-get install numpy.  Sugar-jhbuild in my own case identified numpy as a
> required module before it even ran the "build" step, but it may not be doing
> that anymore.  In any case, it looks like Sugar can build itself without
> numpy but can't run without it.

Well, tanks for yours answers but I'm not running yet.
I installed the python-numpy package before run Sugar again.
Looking around, I saw that the Sugar run but without the apps, so I
did a new build and a package named 'libxapian15' is missing.   I only
have a libxapian13 in the repositories.
What can I do to solve this issue?
Logs below:

---
gob at katana:~/sugar-jhbuild$ ./sugar-jhbuild depscheck
No se ha encontrado ning?n paquete que corresponda con libxapian15.
Missing packages:
libxapian15
gob at katana:~/sugar-jhbuild$
---