[sugar] Release schedule and process

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Wed May 14 07:20:17 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:36 PM,  <Andreas.Trawoeger at wgkk.at> wrote:
> Without any dependency checking in the .xo files and no information at all
> that e.g. VideoChat Version X is supposed to work with Sugar version Y you
> are forced to spend many frustrating hours rechecking everything with each
> and every new Sugar release.

This gets even more complicated when you consider multiple
distributions. I guess we either ensure the system as a base set of
libraries (which are identified by a global Sugar version number) or
we introduce dependencies for .xo (or more likely adopt standard
distribution packaging). Perhaps choosing which approach to take on a
distribution basis.

I have no strong feelings about any of these honestly. I haven't found
an approach will satisfy me yet...

Marco