[sugar] Release schedule and process

Bert Freudenberg bert
Wed May 14 07:16:44 EDT 2008

On 14.05.2008, at 11:22, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> does this mean that the full-time Sugar team should stop
> maintaining any activities and focus on the "core"? I would love to do
> so, but I'm afraid that Sugar won't reach its goals if we don't make
> sure that some very basic activities keep growing.

I am not disagreeing with that (although we may have different ideas
of "very basic").

Perhaps what I am unclear on is what this proposal of activity
inclusion in Sugar is about. Are you implying above that this is the
set of activities maintained by full-time Sugar team members?
Otherwise, why do you bring that into the discussion?

Or, more concretely, should Etoys be considered? I don't think so, but
that's more on a hunch than by arguments, it would meet the criteria
listed. What exactly does it mean to be a "basic activity", for its
developers, for deployment, for support, etc.?

- Bert -