[sugar] Release schedule and process

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed May 14 05:06:14 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 7:17 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>  >  I agree that limiting the number of components released as a whole
>  >  brings important benefits.
>
>  Can we explicitly enumerate the benefits?

Coordinating a release requires effort from the release team and from
each of the component maintainers. If we reach a sufficiently high
number of components to coordinate, we'll need to increase the
sophistication of our process, making it potentially more cumbersome.

On one extreme, we have an open source project in which every release
has one or two rpms, debs, etc. On the other a linux distribution with
thousands of packages. In the middle, GNOME or KDE.

Cheers,

Tomeu