[sugar] New Design - problem with Circle of Activities

Mikus Grinbergs mikus
Tue May 6 21:38:46 EDT 2008

On my G1G1, I've installed (primary+alternate) both Joyride and
Update.1.  Since Update.1 now comes without Activities, I have
populated /home/olpc/Activities with what I want for Update.1
But Joyride comes with Activities in /usr/share/activities -- so
I've ended up with some duplicates between the two locations.

The 'list' view of Activity Management is o.k. -- it shows the
/usr/share Activities entries before the /home/olpc/Activities
entries, so I can distinguish between them (if I want to).

But the 'ring' view of Activity Management does not populate the way
I would like it to.  If I star a /home/olpc/Activities Activity, its
icon gets put in the ring.  But if that same Activity exists in
/usr/share/activities and I restart Sugar, I get TWO icons for that
Activity in the "circle of activities".  If I then click on 'Remove
from ring' on one of them, it vanishes (it should).  But when I
restart Sugar, the remaining one vanishes as well (it shouldn't).

The 'ring' view in Activity Management needs fixing -- when MULTIPLE
Activity instances with the same name exist in the system, each
instance should be treated (and shown) independently.

mikus