[sugar] Update.1 testing with activity packs.

Chris Ball cjb
Mon Mar 24 20:30:55 EDT 2008

Hi!

We'd love to have more people helping us test the latest Update.1
builds, but we've made it difficult by removing all the activities
and not telling you how to get them back.  Sorry about that.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Testing_Update.1 attempts to fix this, by
explaining the new process and linking to a "G1G1 Activity Pack" that
will install the latest version of all the G1G1 activities onto your
build when unzipped onto a USB key and booted.  In this way, you can:

# olpc-update update.1-702

and reboot with the USB key inserted (and the X game key held down, for
an "insecure" machine) in order to get the G1G1 activities installed
on top of the new build.  Note that the update.1-702 build is unsigned,
so you'll need a developer key.  Once you have the activities installed
via this method (they go into /home), they'll persist across further
upgrades.

Build 702 is our next potential RC -- if it gets good results, we'll
sign it as a candidate-702 build.  Please let us know how you get on
with it through the http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Test_Group_Release_Notes
wiki page.  If you can run the One Hour Smoke Test, that would be
particularly awesome.  (http://wiki.laptop.org/go/1_Hour_Smoke_Test)

Thanks!

- Chris.
--