[sugar] [OLPC-GSoC] Idea fo GSoC: Sugar adaption for the Nasa ethnic community

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Mon Mar 24 05:59:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Santiago Ruano Rinc?n
<santiago at unicauca.edu.co> wrote:
>  * The Sugar donut could be replaced by a rhombus shape, a very important
>  element in the Nasa World view.
>  * Community is very important for Nasa people, they don't control
>  information access, their PC use to don't have passwords. We coulda make
>  emphasis on collaborative features of Sugar/OLPC.
>  * Nasa people prefer don't "humanized" pictures. Evaluating the current
>  icons might be needed.
>
>  A further goal would be to extend the localization concept, go beyond
>  language and get some elements for a cultural-adaptive Sugar.

that's certainly very interesting. Sugar's code is open and at some
point I think we'll see countries patching its source code in order to
customize the software further than just adding/removing activities or
changing the language.

I hope that this can be done in a concerted way that doesn't bring
duplication of efforts and everybody can share the advances of each
participant.

Feel free to ask in the sugar ml any questions you have about that.

Tomeu