[sugar] Activities are recompiled on every launch

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff
Sun Mar 23 19:40:49 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  # time python -c "import compileall;
>  compileall.compile_dir('/usr/share/activities/TamTamEdit.activity/',
>  force=True, quiet=True)"
>  real  0m3.902s
>  user  0m3.460s
>  sys 0m0.440s
>
>  All measurements were made multiple times to ensure cached reads.  The

That's a quick turnaround ;-) Do we know who implemented the python
support for all this? It sounds like it is a safety feature - or an
"avoid running stale code" feature - that it won't use a pyo file from
a script named in the commandline. In other words, it should be
trivial to get Python to use it.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com