[sugar] Interested in the Google Summer of Code

Hemant Goyal goyal.hemant
Wed Mar 19 13:37:32 EDT 2008

Hi all,

As you all would be already aware that we have been
planning/designing/experimenting with speech synthesis tools for the XO.

So after all the designs (and next Sugar Meeting for TTS) I'd like to
undertake the project and write code to integrate speech synthesis into
Sugar in the coming summer. I think the work will mostly involve playing
with sugar-control-panel, and a little bit with GTK Selections for the
highlight and speak option. So it'll be really nice if someone from the
Sugar Team becomes a mentor for the project.

I've already put a basic idea plan at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Summer_of_Code/Ideas#Integration_of_Speech_Synthesis_Technology_into_Sugar

Thanks!
--