[sugar] frame redesign

Simon Schampijer simon
Wed Mar 19 12:05:46 EDT 2008

Hi Tomeu, Eben,

I went through the last commits until 'Remove activities.defaults, not
used any more'. I will go through the rest as well. Here are my thoughts:

*** Pulse activity icons in the ring during launch
commit 3670fda59103c32fcbe8b28a9f8e77a75ac15d31

pylint:
  - src/model/homemodel.py: Unused import dbus (maybe you can remove
that when you fix something in that file)
  - 139: Line too long (81/80)
  - 198: Line too long (81/80)

_get_color() could be a function since it does not access the actual
object. Probably ok in this case.

W:211:ActivityIcon: Use of "property" on an old style class
W:215:ActivityIcon: Use of "property" on an old style class
Why do we 'wrap' the get_version method here with the property construct?

*** Made background colors of zoom spheres white, for consistency
commit c5b776bcf27b4f6e638fac3658437a3c194e7ddd
  - src/view/BuddyIcon.py
      - no semicolon

*** Fixed scale and placement of a single icon in the ring
commit ef75cabea665c436fc40cee887462931462d6bbf
  - what do the '**' instead of '*' mean ?

*** Store favorite activities in the profile dir.
commit 3b5131e4b16eb5a83278de3787a5b1f4763ae566
  - no need to import os.path as well we import os already

*** General Errors
src.view.home.activitiesring:
E: 75:ActivitiesRing.__activity_added_cb: Undefined variable 'info'
     - should probably be activity_info

src.view.home.activitieslist
W: 20: Unused import gtk

* General Thoughts
What is the advantage from simplejson over json. The home page says:
simplejson is API compatible with json-py, but is more easily
extensible, has better unicode support, is probably also faster, and is
MIT licensed (json-py is LGPL/GPL). Should we recommend people using
simplejson?

Nice work,
    Simon