[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Gary C Martin gary
Wed Mar 19 01:04:35 EDT 2008

On 19 Mar 2008, at 03:19, Eben Eliason wrote:

> I suppose, however, that you could easily use
> the entities to paint strokes white and fills black, render it to a
> pixbuff,
> and apply it as a mask to a solid of the desired color.  That would
> certainly do the right thing.

Yep.

> Of course, in order for this to serve the purpose we're after, you
> have to
> be able to create the pixbuff with the fill at various levels of
> gray, and
> treat the result as a true alpha channel, and not as a bitmask.  If
> you want
> to take a stab at this approach, feel free.

I'll take a look later tomorrow pm and see how far I get.

Just to confirm, I'll take an activity SVG icon and create an image
with alpha chanel, containing just the icon stroke details... and
fills that are in stroke colour, and not strokes that are in fill
colour ? happy, happy, joy, joy :-) Now do you want the transparency
to strobe with a fixed colour, or do you want a fixed transparency
(say 30%) with a colour strobe (black to white ping-pong)?