[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Tue Mar 18 10:59:11 EDT 2008

>  >     - as "cluttery" as it feels, i think the script should create
>  >         a backup ("icon.svg~") of the original, by default, if
>  >         it's going to overwrite the original.  there could be an
>  >         option to suppress this.
>
>  Interesting point, and not a bad idea.  Perhaps instead I could simply
>  ask [y/n] at runtime if it is about to overwrite the old file (still
>  with an option to suppress this prompt).

Actually, I have a rather silly -o flag at the moment, which lets one
specify an output directory.  Maybe I should just make this an output
path (including filename), which would allow one to specify an
alternate filename for the "sugarized" icon.  Would this be
appropriate for the use case you had in mind, or would it truly be
better to rename the old backup instead?  I'm honestly not too worried
about corruption of files, since the resulting SVG should remain fully
editable after conversion, and running the script multiple times
shouldn't be a problem either.  Only testing, of course, can validate
my optimism...

- Eben