[sugar] icon assistance/validation

Bert Freudenberg bert
Tue Mar 18 04:50:55 EDT 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 21:01 , Eben Eliason wrote:
> - adds stroke_opacity and fill_opacity entities, for potential
> future use in sugar

I'd prefer to not introduce these entities before they are needed.
They only complicate matters for icon authors.

Besides, I am pretty sure these will not have the effect you envision.
If you make a stroke translucent, half of it will visibly overlap the
fill, which looks odd. So even making both the stroke and the fill
translucent changes the appearance of the icon. What you actually want
is to make the whole icon translucent, and for that you do not have to
adjust the opacity of each individual element, so you do not need
entities.

My 0.02 ? ...

- Bert -