[sugar] Update.1 activities download script

Bert Freudenberg bert
Mon Mar 17 11:53:33 EDT 2008

On Mar 17, 2008, at 14:48 , Chris Hager wrote:

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>>
>> To save download time, do something like this first:
>>
>> cp -a /usr/share/activities/*.activity /home/olpc/Activities
>
> Maybe only make symlinks?
>
> ln -s /usr/share/activities/*.activity /home/olpc/Activities/

Err, the point of my script is to download activities that are deleted
from /usr/share/activities once you upgrade to update.1-699 or later.
There are no more pre-installed activities (except for the Journal).

>> And finally, there is a trick in the script so it connects to the
>> current Sugar session even if run from the console or via ssh - may
>> be  useful to somebody:
>>
>> if not 'SUGAR_PREFIX' in os.environ:
>>   """Connect to running Sugar session"""
>>   cp = ConfigParser()
>>   cp.read(env.get_profile_path('session.info'))
>>   os.environ['DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS'] = cp.get('Session',
>> 'dbus_address')
>>   dbus.set_default_main_loop(dbus.mainloop.NULL_MAIN_LOOP)
>
> Thanks a lot, this is really useful for me already! Maybe also put
> it somewhere in the wiki... [[Programming Tricks]] :)

I actually have no idea how evil that snippet really is ;) Wold be
nice if some Sugar/DBus expert could comment.

- Bert -