[sugar] palettes on non-fullscreen windows

Simon Schampijer simon
Mon Mar 17 10:39:27 EDT 2008

Hi,

on non-fullscreen windows palettes does have problems since the code
seem to rely on gtk.gdk.screen_width() and gtk.gdk.screen_height(). For
example in dialog windows like the control-panel the palette can be
drawn outside the window (see attached screenshot).

I played a bit with get_parent_window().get_size() on the widget passed
to the ToolInvoker but at a first glance there would need to be some
more changes.

Maybe someone familiar with the code could comment if he has a 'simple
idea' (or maybe this is no good idea at all) before I dive into the
logic deeply.

Thanks,
    Simon