[sugar] Update.1 activities download script

Gary C Martin gary
Fri Mar 14 20:55:45 EDT 2008

On 15 Mar 2008, at 00:34, Ixo X oxI wrote:

> Another great program to use to install .xo bundles..... is  'xo-
> get'.  Has
> both a console/terminal and Sugar/GUI interface.
>
>      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Xo-get
>
> Currently under going testing, but pretty darn close with only a
> handful of
> 'un-documented features left'. :-)
>
> -iXo
>
> p.s xo-get also has one of the most extensive collections of
> available .xo
> activities to install .

Yea, I use xo-get quite a bit previously very useful. However the GUI
version has failed to work on any recent xo builds for quite some time
(using a B4 here), and you do have to have already somehow installed a
working terminal activity before you can use the command line version
of xo-get, as it seems to have sugar dependancies that prevent it from
running in the hidden command line. Maybe there are new versions that
work under these situations?

So not too great a fix just now for the activity bloodletting going on
in the latest update-1 candidates ;-)