[sugar] A Hello World that does it all?

Samuel Klein sj
Thu Mar 13 22:37:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Kent Loobey <kent at uoregon.edu> wrote:

>  I find this to be a serious problem for me as well.  I don't know which wiki
>  to update.  The XO has a large number of elements that need to be done
>  correctly before an activity is read for dispersal into the wilds.

I recommend working on adding to / updating the Activity tutorial and
Sugar architecture pages.
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_tutorial
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_architecture

>  My idea is to create a hello-world like activity that demonstrates a minimal
>  activity that covers all of the bases.  I am plugging away on it as we speak.
>  I call it "OpenWorld.activity".  :-)

Next we will need FreeWorld to complete the trilogy.

>  This is going to help me have a base for later projects that I want to
>  develop.  I will want to make what I learn available to others but I have yet
>  to work that out.  I would like a single wiki that tells me what I need to
>  know to develop an activity but I don't see how that can happen.

The Activity tutorial is the right page for this (though you will want
to break out detailed subsections into their own pages).

SJ