[sugar] spreading activity bundle contents across the filesystem?

Bert Freudenberg bert
Thu Mar 13 04:50:25 EDT 2008

On Mar 13, 2008, at 8:55 , Jani Monoses wrote:

> I understand that for security reasons, and unlike on typical unix
> systems, activities are installed under one directory with all their
> content included.

That's pretty much exactly how apps work on OS X.

> For emulation of sugar on regular boxes is there a way of scattering
> an
> activity instead of installing it under a single directory? The Debian
> policy for instance does not permit installing a .so under /usr/share
> and several activities come with prebuilt shared objects.
>
> I wonder if there's a simple enough change like an addition to a
> sugar-specific search path that would allow this with minimal
> disruption?

I don't think so, since activity authors are free to structure the
bundle any way they like. I'd rather suggest installing the bundles
in, say, /usr/lib/sugar/activities.

- Bert -