[sugar] Database Activity

7150 linux.1
Sat Mar 8 14:49:54 EST 2008

I am starting a Norwegian-English dictionary activity.

I have created a 4000 row SQLite database from a resource I built on my
Clie and Treo over several years. It is now on the XO's SD card. I can
access it nicely with SQLite in a terminal session.

I am ready to do some Python to create some sort of front end for the
dictionary.

I would like to try some very basic database operations from within
Pippy before I go too much further.

I can use some advice as to how to proceed with the Python-database
linkage. I don't think the XO has Psyqlite installed, and I really want
to stay within what is available on the box with no add-ins, if
possible. Maybe installing Psyqlite is ok.

Thoughts?

After getting a grasp of database connectivity, I have the activity
tutorial to move ahead.

Thanks!!

---
http://www.litenverden.org