[sugar] Installing new non-core designated activities

Morgan Collett morgan.collett
Thu Mar 6 09:10:17 EST 2008

On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> I'm sure the sudden, poorly communicated, policy change regarding what
> is and isn't a default installed activity anymore (in build 696 and
> up) has given many developers/testers a very unpleasant surprise. What
> is the official method to re-installing these activities if we want to
> continue to test and work with the newer builds right now?
>
> And before any one say, "use browse, visit the activity page and click
> the .xo bundles you want", that's not an option for the majority of
> activities that just got dropped, as their developers probably didn't
> realise they were about to fall out the loop, there are no browser
> installable .xo files for most.

I added download links for Terminal, Log and Analyze to the Activities
page. Hopefully the maintainers of these activities will keep them up
to date on that page now that they are preinstalled for everyone.

Morgan