[sugar] How to switch between active activities?

Kent Loobey kent
Mon Mar 3 11:21:23 EST 2008

In the "OLPC Human Interface Guidelines" on the section that talks about "The
Frame" in the "Actions" part it says "The bottom edge of the frame functions
primarily as an activity launcher, but it also ..."

Here is my opportunity.

I have an activity active that I am trying to do something in, say a terminal.
I have a browser active for reference.
And I have a writer active so I can make notes.

I think it would be convenient if in the activity area on the frame I could
click on each of the activities that I have active to switch between them as
needed.

As it is now the only way I know to do this is to click on an activity within
the ring on the "home" view.

Is there some other way to switch between active activities that is more
direct?