[sugar] Journal Tagging in Activities

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826
Mon Mar 3 11:10:18 EST 2008

Hey all,

I had previously mentioned
(http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/sugar/2008-February/004397.html) that
I believe that [[Human Interface Guidelines]] should contain some
best-practice examples for developers.

Now I was looking through some of the ideas for the next version of the
Journal and that made me realize that it might make sense to add Journal
tagging support directly to activities. At least to me that feature is
great when using 'record' to take photos as I can directly add the name
and tags from within the activity by clicking on the 'I' button of any
photo. With all other activities I have to switch to the Journal and do
that editing there which is quite inconvenient. Especially when it comes
to activities such as 'paint', 'write' and 'measure' which produce quite
a lot of output in the form of different usage-threads (e.g. different
temperature-measurements for a chemistry experiment).

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,
Christoph

P.S. This message was written while driving 140km/h on the Autobahn from
Chemnitz to Hannover... ;-)