[sugar] Home Design: Free Layout View

Jim Gettys jg
Mon Jun 23 11:34:42 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-16 at 09:45 -0400, Walter Bender wrote:

> But rather than argue about hand waving, Tomeu's work on making the
> favorite icon layout "pluggable" seems to be a great compromise. Let a
> thousand flowers bloom.

Yup.  1000 flowers bloom, 990 stink, and we'll pick the sweetest in 6
months or a year.  I've watched it play out that way with compositing
window managers, where the early essays in the art were over the top,
and yet I now have something reasonably tasteful at the end of the
day...
                          - Jim

--
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>