[sugar] Triaging Glucose laptop

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Sat Jun 21 22:16:55 EDT 2008

Hello,

as you probably noticed trac is a mess, no one payed attention to it
for too long.

We have 503 bugs open for Glucose, most of them assigned to me and Tomeu.

http://dev.laptop.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&component=sugar&component=datastore&component=presence-service&component=journal-activity&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&col=keywords

As we discussed on irc we need to clean it up. I'm going to do a first
pass at it in the next few days. I'll start from bugs assigned to me.

* Close bugs which are clearly fixed or invalid.
* Mark with a "needs-testing" tag bugs which I suspect might be fixed.
* Make sure that type and priority makes sense.
* Assign bugs to milestones and add tags. Per discussion on teach-team list:

8.2.0:? tag for bugs that we would like in the August release but we
are not sure will have time to.
8.2.0:+ for bugs that we should definitely get in August.
Milestone for all of these will be 8.2.

9.1.0:+ for bugs which we are not able to get in August but we should
really get in the next release.
9.1.0:? for bugs that we want to consider for the next release.
Milestone will be 9.1 assuming we manage to get it added to trac.

Retriage milestone for bugs that I'm not sure about. I will use this
heavily, to ge external input on priorities.

Opportunity milestone for bugs that we will not have time to handle in
the foreseeable future.

Future Release milestone for the rest.

* Redistribute tickets a between the modules maintainer/peers.

Tomeu, if you could do something like this with your part of the
tickets that would be awesome. Eben, perhaps the best way you can help
us out is to open tickets which are not yet there (I'm sure there is a
lot of polish we need to do on the new features) and to help us triage
all the tickets that we put under Retriage.

Marco