[sugar] Home Design: Free Layout View

Walter Bender walter.bender
Mon Jun 16 09:45:11 EDT 2008

I question the rationalization that the circle is a problem...

>    The main issue of concern was one of scalability; The circular
>    arrangement suggested an inherent finite quality which runs counter to
>    our goals of allowing children to create and explore as much as possible

Since when does a circle suggest "an inherent finite quality"? And how
does having a finite number of activities on the home page run counter
to allowing children to create and explore?

But rather than argue about hand waving, Tomeu's work on making the
favorite icon layout "pluggable" seems to be a great compromise. Let a
thousand flowers bloom.

-walter