[sugar] Info about data, instance and tmp directories in activity root

Faisal Anwar fanwar
Fri Jun 13 10:20:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

Does anyone know about (or can point me to docs for) the recommended uses of
the data, instance and tmp directories that exist for every activity
(usually found in the  ~myhome/.sugar/default/org.laptop.MyActivity/
directory)? In particular, I had the following questions:

- what types of data should be written in each of these three subdirectories
and what is the difference between each?
- Are there specific permissions or ownership issues involved with these
directories.
- When should developers be writing files or data to the datastore and when
should they instead by saving files directly to one of these directories?

Thanks

Faisal