[sugar] frame activation

Gary C Martin gary
Tue Jun 10 23:16:24 EDT 2008

On 10 Jun 2008, at 11:15, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:

> do we have any feedback regarding frame activation and the new control
> panel option?
>
> Is it ok to ship with hot corners on by default and let the users
> change it if they wish?

Have settled for about 500ms for the corners. I found warm edges too
obtrusive even with a max delay, specifically scroll bar interaction
was the main false activation. I could see me enabling specific warm
edges (top being most useful).

OT: Also trying to keep in the back of my mind a possible future UI
metaphor where the whole input may be touch screen based, but as a
well known tech put it recently, most existing UI's with a touch input
layer added are like lipstick on a pig. It'll need to be an extensive
redesign at that stage (sorry Eben). I guess Apple with their UI fork
have more than a clue for us here.

--Gary