[sugar] Activities lost star

Simon Schampijer simon
Mon Jun 9 16:31:50 EDT 2008

Morgan Collett wrote:
> I upgraded from joyride 2018 to 2024, and then ran Simon's Script
> (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/ReleaseTeam/Releases/Sucrose/0.81.2#Instructions_to_test_in_olpc_joyride).
>
> The activities that it upgraded had been starred, but after restarting
> Sugar, they are no longer starred.
>
> I know the script isn't production material, but thought it worth
> reporting this.
>
> Morgan

I only run it on a build without activities at all. So likely there are some issues :/

I used bert's script and changed the directory where the activities are downloaded
from and the list of default activities.

LATEST = "http://dev.laptop.org/~erikos/bundles/0.81.2/"
CURRENT = "/home/olpc/Activities/"
DEFAULT = ['Calculate', 'Chat', 'Etoys', 'Log',
   'Pippy', 'Read', 'Record', 'Terminal', 'Web', 'Write']

If we want to keep this as a method to update activities I guess we could optimize
the script (have not looked in it though).

Best,
    Simon