[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Wed Jun 4 04:28:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:19 PM, Erik Garrison <erik.garrison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 03, 2008 at 01:53:37PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Alas, two more open bugs that should be considered by someone:
>> >
>> > (1) Record has been broken in Joyride for quite some time: ever since
>> > the introduction of compositing? (#6850)
>
> I am looking into this.

Awesome.

>> Joyride has no composite enabled, so this seems to be something different.
>>

> According to xdpyinfo the Composite extension is enabled on joyride
> 1998.  So if this is different it is different in a way that xdpyinfo
> does not know.

xdpyinfo reports that the composite extension is present, and I think
that this has been like this since always. The difference between
joyride and faster is that in the latter the window manager includes a
composition manager that creates offscreen pixmaps for every window.
Look for XCompositeRedirectSubwindows for more details in:

http://ktown.kde.org/~fredrik/composite_howto.html
http://svn.o-hand.com/view/matchbox/trunk/matchbox-window-manager/src/composite-engine.c?rev=1084&view=markup

> On 1998 I get the following messages to the virtual terminal (I assume
> they are delivered via printk):
>
>  cafe1000-ccic 0000:00:0c.2: Frame overrun on 1, frames lost
>  ... <59 printk messages suppressed> ...

No idea about this :/

Thanks,

Tomeu