[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Guillaume Desmottes guillaume.desmottes
Wed Jun 4 04:08:36 EDT 2008

Le mardi 03 juin 2008 ? 14:33 -0400, Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos a
?crit :
> Guillaume Desmottes wrote:
> > Search queries will return a {Buddy,Activity}View object. This object
> > will have a Get{Buddies,Activities} method to retrieve the result of the
> > search, a "Changed" (or Added/Removed) signal to track changes and a
> > Closed method when user is not interested anymore by the result of the
> > search.
> >
> > Does it make sense to you? Suggestions are welcome.
> > I'll update http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Presence_Service_D-Bus_API with my
> > changes.
> >
> I would suggest not returning objects on any of the dbus calls; this
> makes it harder to go through and debug the code both in the presence
> service and telepathy. We should try to keep it as simple as possible
> wrt the messages that are exchanged between the presence service and
> telepathy. The presence service currently offers a nice abstraction of
> how telepathy works, but this abstraction is hindered by the fact the
> the presence service returns telepathy objects.

PS won't return Telepathy objects but buddies and activities as it
always did. The {Buddy,Activity}Views returned in Telepathy won't be the
same as the one returned by PS. In the TP case, views contains handles,
in the PS case they contains buddy and activity objects (as when
GetBuddies or GetActivities methods are called on PS).

	G.