[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Jameson "Chema" Quinn jquinn
Tue Jun 3 14:26:43 EDT 2008

It is proving hard for me to get consensus on the new bundle format, but I
hope that I can do so soon enough to get some forward-compatibility patches
in. Right now, I think that that would be:
allow tar as well as zip bundles (though zip bundles would remain the norm
for now)
allow multiple installed versions of a bundle (activity registry by hash,
version, and key/thread/bundle id)
metadata to associate journal entries with correct version of bundle.

(The signature stuff may or may not be ready to include in this list, but is
not as urgent for forward-compatibility purposes.)