[sugar] Moving to metacity with composition (was: Preparing for the feature freeze)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu
Tue Jun 3 07:07:07 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:16 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:54 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
>> <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bernando was saying that this is not possible because of *video*
>>> memory constraints.
>>
>> Hmm, but not all those pixmaps will be kept in video mem, right? If
>> so, then I don't get why the faster builds work so fine.
>
> What I understood from Bernardo is that they needs to be in video mem.
> If you open several windows in faster and try to rotate the screen,
> does it work?

Quite well. Just tried with Journal, Terminal, Browse, Write and Chat
and queued several rotates without any crash. X took a bit of memory
during the rotate, but was released when the operation finished. 70MB
free.

Regards,

Tomeu