[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Tue Jun 3 06:34:31 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:29 PM, Guillaume Desmottes
<guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>> What happens if we land only the backend without the search features?
>> Do we only see a random number of buddies?
>
> Yes, if sugar request these buddies (shouldn't be more complicated than
> a D-Bus method call on PS).
>
> I think that's a good idea to focus on random queries for now as it
> doesn't require new UI and sugar changes should be pretty simple.
>
> That's not a new feature from user pov but could allow us to deploy a
> public jabber server without the shared roster hack and see how it
> scales.

True. We could probably land the sugar changes even after the freeze.
It would be good the bulk of the work before though (gadget, gabble,
ps, sugar-toolkit).

>> Is Collabora planning to do the UI side of it?
>>

> For now I'm focusing on PS API. If someone wants to work on the GUI side
> when they are done that would be great.

What kind of API are you planning for the PS? Trying to understand how
much work it will be to hook it up into the UI.

Marco