[sugar] Preparing for the feature freeze

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Tue Jun 3 06:11:55 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Morgan Collett
<morgan.collett at gmail.com> wrote:
> Gadget is a server side component for the jabber server that will
> address the scalability issues by showing presence for only a subset
> of those on the server. It will therefore allow many more on the
> server at once.
>
> There will be PS and mesh view changes required - see Guillaume's
> recent mail(s) to sugar at .

When is the backend planned to land?

What happens if we land only the backend without the search features?
Do we only see a random number of buddies?

How does it work from the UI code perspective? We set a filter and
buddies which doesn't match the search disappear (as if they have had
left)?

Is Collabora planning to do the UI side of it?

Sorry, lots of questions :)

Marco