[sugar] X error building Sugar Appliance

Bryan Kearney bkearney
Thu Jul 24 11:02:55 EDT 2008

I am trying to build a raw disk appliance of the sugar desktop using the
appliance tools at [1]. You can see the kickstart file which I am using
[2] which is based off of one I found in the repo [3].

I have run into an error when starting X, I get

error setting MTRR Invalid Argument (22)
error setting MTRR Function Not Implemented (38)

After some google research, I have found that I echo

echo "disable=0" > /proc/mtrr

I can get a bit further. Couple of questions:

1. Is [3] the most current livecd kickstart file?
2. Has anyone seen this error before?

Thanks!

-- bk

[1] http://www.thincrust.net/tooling.html