[sugar] Activity launch time testing

Michael Stone michael
Tue Jul 22 12:21:30 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 12:40:59PM +0200, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
>Ooops, does that mean that we are much slower in most cases? Is the
>rainbow trick working here?

The rainbow hack is almost certainly not working because no one has
fixed it to deal with the fast X startup in our F-9 builds.

One approach on how to fix it is to teach rainbow how to talk to
upstart. You can see my first thoughts on this approach at

   http://teach.laptop.org/~mstone/rainbow-job

Unfortunately, I'm no upstart expert and I'm somewhat preoccupied with
other matters. Does anyone care to take up this challenge in my stead?

Thanks,

Michael