[sugar] pulsing icon code move from sugar to sugar-toolkit?

Eben Eliason eben.eliason
Mon Jul 21 11:32:16 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 6:49 AM, Martin Dengler <martin at martindengler.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 11:49:31AM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Martin Dengler
> > <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> > > On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:45:16AM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> [...]
> > >
> > > #6995 ( http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995 ) - move mesh icon to the
> > >  frame, and its concomitant "make AP and mesh icons pulse and
> > >  otherwise consistent with Mesh/Neighborhood view's icons" work.
> >
> > Yeah, but what if we implement all of that except the pulsing?
>
> This is easily doable.

True.

> > Is it something we can add incrementally in the next release?
>
> Yes.

True.

> > This is also a question for Eben.
>
> Understood.

But... I cringe to think of not having this feedback.  Network/mesh
behaviors have been a real sore spot in the UI, with confusing icons,
indistinguishable states, and lack of feedback.  I really think we need some
kind of indication when these devices are connecting/disconnecting, and
pulsing is the metaphor we've used everywhere else (and is already being
used in the Neighborhood view for APs).  I'd vote strongly in favor of
finding a way to make this happen before we release this.

- Eben