[sugar] pulsing icon code move from sugar to sugar-toolkit?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti
Mon Jul 21 05:49:31 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 7:37 AM, Martin Dengler
<martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:45:16AM +0200, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 4:34 AM, Martin Dengler
>> <martin at martindengler.com> wrote:
>> > 1) whether anyone thinks this is too invasive to get in to Sucrose
>> >   0.82 / OLPC 8.2.0; and
>>
>> Yeah, it sounds too invasive to me
>
> Just to point out: it is a one line code change in icon.py and then
> moving (and refactoring, but that can be deferred) code from sugar's
> pulsingicon.py to sugar-toolkit's pulsingicon.py (using from
> sugar.graphics.pulsingicon import * to keep sugar's
> shell.view.pulsingicon exported symbols unchanged).

Yeah, what is invasive is adding public API to sugar-toolkit, we
should think hard on the best way to expose it... (for example your
question about moving all of this inside Icon is a not trivial one).

>> What user visible feature does it allow to implement?
>
> #6995 ( http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6995 ) - move mesh icon to the
>  frame, and its concomitant "make AP and mesh icons pulse and
>  otherwise consistent with Mesh/Neighborhood view's icons" work.

Yeah, but what if we implement all of that except the pulsing? Is it
something we can add incrementally in the next release? This is also a
question for Eben.

Marco